The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Policy on Individual Conflicts of Interest (COI) and Commitment (CoC) is a Chancellor-approved policy specific to UNC Chapel Hill. It is based on a combination of federal regulations (Code of Federal Regulations, 42 CFR Part 50 and 45 CFR Part 94), UNC General Administration Policy and applicable North Carolina State statutes.
Everyone on campus is covered by this policy: faculty and staff (full-time, part-time, and temporary), students and trainees. In some cases, non-UNC individuals participating in research at UNC-Chapel Hill may fall under this policy.
- Individual Conflicts of Interest and Commitment Policy (includes Standard Operating Procedures for Individual Conflicts of Interest and Commitment)
The Institutional Conflict of Interest Policy is approved by the Board of Trustees and specific to UNC-Chapel Hill. It is a policy based on best practice congruent with major research institutions and following guidance from the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC), the Institute of Medicine (IOM) and AAHRPP.
- Adams School of Dentistry: Vendor Relations Policy
- Gift Acceptance Policy
- Personal Use Policy
- Policy on Avoiding Vendor Conflicts of Interest
- Policy on External Professional Activities of Faculty and Other Professional Staff
- Policy on Use of University Resources in Support of Entrepreneurial Activities
- Procurement Organizational COI Guidance
- UNC Health Care and UNC School of Medicine Vendor Relations Policy
- UNC Policy on Gifts of Honoraria, Consulting Fees, or Licensing Income